Our skin is fragile, and exposing it to harmful chemicals is always a huge risk to take. Stressful lifestyles, hectic work schedules, inadequate sleep, lack of nutritional diet, pollution, harmful sun rays (UVA/UVB), excessive smoking, and drinking alcohol are the major factors which make your skin dull and dry.All of these are part and parcel of your life and you cannot run away from them. However, you can surely prevent them. Of course, you cannot hold on to your age, but you can surely slow down the loss of glow and radiance from your skin.
This is where homemade beauty recipes come in handy as they are a natural alternative to cosmetic products. We have broken down these solutions to keep your skin glowing into home remedies and diet that you need to follow. So sit back, relax, and read on to discover the secret to achieve that picture perfect skin.
Home Remedies For Glowing Skin
Get Fresh And Glowing Skin By Using These Remedies
1. Turmeric Remedy For Glowing Skin
Turmeric is a very healthy spice which is known to have a lot of healing properties for the benefit of the skin. It is also considered to be one of the best home remedies for glowing skin for oily skin. This spice is very rich in antioxidants because of which it makes the skin glow naturally. It is one of the best home tips for glowing skin. It can also be used as an excellent exfoliator for the face. Its anti-inflammatory properties help in fighting off acne, pimples, dry skin, etc. It helps to even out skin tone and reduces pigmentation and wrinkles.
- Turmeric, flour
- milk or yogurt
How to do process:
- You can make a face mask using one teaspoon of turmeric, 2 tablespoons of flour, 3 tablespoons milk or yoghurt and a few drops of honey.
- You need to apply it on the face and keep it for 20 minutes.
- After rinsing the face, you can apply a good moisturiser.
How often you do this:
You can apply this mask on your face at least once in a week to get glowing skin at home.
2. Aloe Vera For Glowing Skin
You Will Need
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon milk
What You Have To Do
1. Mix all the ingredients. Apply this mixture on the face and neck evenly.
2. Leave it on for about 20 minutes.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
How Often You Should Do This
Apply this face pack up to twice a week.
Why This Works
Aloe vera gel is the ultimate solution for skin problems. Its nourishing and healing properties rejuvenate the skin to give it a natural glow.
3. Olive Oil
Although olive oil is mostly used for cooking, this oil also acts as one of the best home remedies for glowing body skin. It can be applied not only on the face but the entire body. It is also considered among the home remedies for glowing skin for dry skin. Olive oil has great benefits on the skin when applied topically with few other natural ingredients which are usually found easily at home. This oil matches with the natural oils of the skin and makes it glow naturally. It also helps in the prevention of whiteheads and blackheads on the face.
- Olive oil
- lemon juice
How to do process:
- You can use one teaspoon of olive oil and one teaspoon of lemon juice and apply it directly on your face.
- You should massage your face for a few minutes after which you should leave it for another 30 minutes.
- Finally, you should wash your face with warm water. This would not only make your skin healthy, but it would also make it glowing and beautiful too.
How often you do this:
You can massage your face using this homemade remedy twice a week.
4. Avocado Oil
The healthy fruit with aphrodisiac properties works wonders for dry skin. Mash an avocado and apply it onto a clean skin, slowly massaging it. Leave it on for a minimum of 15 minutes before you wash off with milk and then water. Full of healthy fats, vitamins and antioxidants, avocadoes are great for your skin health. Using avocado oil is also one of the best options to keep your skin healthy. Eating avocadoes is also one way to help your skin glow.
5. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is an ideal skin cleaning remedy for dull and greyish skin. The saturated fats in this product help retain the moisture, making your skin smooth and healthy. Don’t worry if you have oily skin, because coconut oil will eliminate any shine. In addition, coconut oil is rich in Vitamin-E, essential for healthy skin growth.
How to do it:
• Gently massage the coconut oil onto your skin for about 30 seconds.
• Put a warm towel onto your face to open up the pores.
• Wait another 30 seconds before cleaning the oil with washcloth.